Friday, October 17, 2008

Realization: Chanting nice japa is very pleasing to my spiritual master.

I often wish that there was some special service I could do for my spiritual master. Something that would get his attention and put a smile on his face. :-)

Today I was chanting my japa in front of our bus tour Gaura Nitai deities and my eyes fell upon a greeting card with a photo of Srila Prabhupada on the front, my spiritual master's spiritual master. It was propped up next to the altar, and I could barely make out the text on the inside of the card -- I leaned forward and tried to make it out... it was a quote from a lecture:

"You are chanting. I am very much pleased. That's all. I came to your country to chant, that "You chant also along with me." So you are helping me by chanting. So I am pleased."
(Srila Prabhupada Lecture, 71-16-07)