Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Time is fleeting

Moment to moment, the present turns into the past.
Chandragupta's keeping track.
This soul has wasted yet another moment. And another.
Each moment wasted, my eternal loss.
Each moment engaged in Your service, my eternal gain.
Oh the value of each moment.

Time is fleeting.

By good fortune I find myself in this human form of life.
So many opportunities to engage in Your service.
Today, my dear Lord Krishna, please allow me,
moment to moment,
to engage this mouth in glorifying You and Your devotees,
these eyes in seeing You,
these ears in hearing about You,
these hands, legs, mind and intelligence in carrying out Your mission.

Time is fleeting.

Moment to moment, please allow me to hear
Your prodding from within
to choose to serve You in one of many wonderful and varied ways
You have provided for this restless soul.

Allow me to develop nishtha, firm faith in Your instructions that
if I simply surrender unto You, You will protect me.












Time is fleeting.